BTEC National Extended Certificate Business
2023/2024 & 2024/2025
Previous experience of Business is not needed to take this subject. The most important thing you need in order to take a vocational qualification in Business is a lively and enquiring mind, an interest in Business, a willingness to explore new ideas and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively, whilst sticking to deadlines.
Requirements for Study
- APS 3.7 or above
- 9 - 4 in English Language or English Literature
- 9 - 4 in Maths
The assessment is a mixture of school set coursework assignments, controlled assessment in the form of tasks set and marked by the board and a single test. The work is graded, pass, merit or distinction and it is the combination of the marks for all the units taken that will determine the overall grade.
- Unit 1 – Exploring Business
- Unit 2- Developing a Marketing Campaign
- Unit 3 - Personal and Business Finance
- Unit 8 – Recruitment and Selection process
All BTEC equivalences carry the same amount of UCAS points as A levels.
This course is designed to help you get into employment, on to an apprenticeship or further studies at university, depending on your goals. This could be in:
- International Business Management
- Leadership Business and Globalisation Business
- Marketing Management
- Management Studies Communication