Aims and Values
Opportunity Success Ambition
The Sixth Form team at OSA are here to help our students become the best version of themselves. We expect them to constantly strive to both lead and serve the school community and look for ways to make themselves outstanding candidates when they come to pursue future opportunities. Students are a part of a hard working Sixth Form team whose main aim is to help them reach their potential by doing the very best that they can in their chosen courses. The Sixth Form is very much part of the whole school and our main school students are aware of everything we say and do. It is integral to our aims and values that as a member of the OSA Sixth Form, students are excellent role models. They are part of a Sixth Form that says ‘yes’ when asked for help, knowing that no experience is ever wasted.
Our mission is to provide students with the opportunity to realise their ambitions and be the most successful version of themselves. We believe that this can only happen if we work together.
As a school and Sixth Form team therefore, we:
- Provide students with the opportunities to be successful
- We are ambitious, and it is our intention that the education we provide is the very best that it can be so that the students can perform to the best of their ability in examinations.
- Provide excellent teaching and learning
- We help students to develop the skills and knowledge that they need through high quality teaching and learning in lessons, and having a rich extra-curricular programme away from lessons to help us develop resilient, excellent students as well as confident, articulate, talented young adults.
- To provide a unique student experience, with new buildings in the pipeline and some fantastic plans for a new Sixth Form block, we aim to provide for our students the best possible start for their future and their future careers.
- To provide support where necessary to ensure that they have the necessary academic and pastoral skills and support needed to help them develop as independent learners and employees of the future.
All students embrace our aims and values by:
- Putting in maximum effort at all times.
- Displaying an exemplary attitude to learning.
- Embracing all opportunities available to them by taking an active part in extracurricular clubs, volunteering and Personal Development sessions
Following our code of conduct by:
- Being punctual and having excellent attendance
- Adhering to the dress code
- Being fully equipped for learning
- Completing all class work to the best of their ability
- To complete independent study work and home learning to the expected standard and to meet deadlines.
- Be on site at all times unless signed out for lunch or to attend a lesson at a consortium school.
- Being ambassadors of OSA, both on and off-site
- Modelling the excellent behaviour expected of all OSA students.
- Taking a full part in the life of OSA.