A Level Physics
2023/2024 & 2024/2025
OCR A Level in Physics, enables students to build on their knowledge of the laws of physics, applying their understanding to solve problems on topics ranging from subatomic particles to the entire universe.
Physicists seek to gain a deeper understanding of the natural world, ranging from identifying the smallest fundamental particles right up to explaining how the Universe has evolved. Students will use practical investigations to establish and then apply new theories and explanations. They will encounter lots of calculations along the way. A natural curiosity and a drive to explain how the world works is essential.
Requirements for Study
- 3 A Levels - 4.5
- 2 A Levels & 1 Vocational - 4
- 1 A Level & 2 Vocational - 3.8
- 9 - 6 in Physics
- 9 - 7 in both Combined Sciences
- 9 - 6 in Maths
- 9 - 5 in English Language or English Literature
Content is in six modules:
- Module 1: Development of practical skills in physics
- Module 2: Foundations in physics
- Module 3: Forces and motion
- Module 4: Electrons, waves and photons
- Module 5: Newtonian world and astrophysics
- Module 6: Particles and medical physics
Study of A level Physics encourages students to think clearly and systematically and solve complex problems, skills that are highly valued by employers in a wide range of fields. Study of Physics links with careers in Engineering, Construction, Mathematics, Computing and Medicine and it can be a valuable asset for Business, Finance and Economics.