BTEC Business is the most highly subscribed subject in our sixth form, it consistently obtains excellent results seeing our students embarking on a variety of courses at University.
Career opportunities from studying BTEC Business:
- Business management
- Specialist in areas such as finance, marketing and human resources.
Average Point Score (APS) 38.5 if the majority of subjects studied are BTECs.
A*- C at GCSE, equivalent or similar subject.
Curriculum overview 2015/2016
This subject is assessed through coursework only. It is offered at both single and double weighting, the equivalent to 1 or 2 A levels and carries the same amount of UCAS points. Those units in bold are studied by students taking the single and all units are covered by those taking the double, over the two years.
|The Business Environment
Introduction to Marketing
Human Resource Management
Creative Product Promotion
Recruitment and Selection
Starting a Small Business
The faculty is well resourced with books and every lesson is taught in a computer suite. All of our students have direct access to the specification and tailor made resources on the student shared area including recommended reading lists for each unit.
- bbc.co.uk/business BBC News website
- bbc.co.uk/news BBC Business website
- becta.org.uk British Educational Communications and Technology Agency
- bized.ac.uk Business education website including learning materials and quizzes
- careers-in-business.com Information on a variety of business careers