Ethos, Aims and Values
Our ethos, aims and values are shared by all students and staff at the school. We embed them in all that we do to ensure that every student at the school fulfils their potential and is prepared for life after Onslow St Audrey’s.
To provide educational excellence at the heart of the community.
To provide a high quality student experience
In expecting the best, we will achieve the best and in achieving the best, we will be the best. We are ambitious for the students and for the education we provide to be the very best that it can be.
To provide a vibrant student experience
Developing the students through high quality teaching and learning in lessons and having a rich extra-curricular programme away from lessons helps us develop resilient, excellent students as well as confident, articulate, talented young adults.
To provide a 21st century student experience
With new buildings in the pipeline and a Business and Enterprise specialism, we aim to provide for our students the best possible start for their future and their future careers.
Learning – is central to all that we do and what we value most at Onslow St Audrey’s.
Equality – because we value equality, our expectations and our rules apply to us all.
Confidence – we develop confidence in all that we do, showing resilience in all that we face.
Trust – we trust each other to be honest and to always do what’s right and what’s best for each other.
Respect – we show respect to ourselves, to each other, to our school and to our environment.
Community – our community is richer and stronger because we all make a contribution to its success.
Equality Objectives at OSA
At OSA we celebrate diversity/equality and achievement by realising our values and through:
- Promoting high expectations, positive attitudes towards disabled people and those of different ethnic groups/religions
- Listening to and involving pupils, parents, carers and staff
- Communicating behaviour expectations
- Ensuring that we welcome applications for school places and jobs from all sections
- Ensuring that incidents are reported, analysed, addressed swiftly and effectively, and reported on and that all termly returns to the LA on racial incidents and anti-bullying are accurate and submitted on time