Gifted and Talented
Students that are Gifted and Talented have the potential to develop significantly beyond expectations. Many are encouraged to take their GCSEs early so that they can progress to the next level of academic study.
We have an exceptionally comprehensive programme and have invested in a dedicated, full-time member of staff to ensure that our provision for our ‘High Performing’ students is second to none.
- A student is Gifted if they have achieved 125+ in their CAT scores and/or if they have multiple G&T subject referrals including core subjects.
- A student is Talented if they have received G&T referrals in one or more subjects.
- A student can of course be both Gifted and Talented.
Here at Onslow St Audrey’s, as well as quality in-class extension, we pride ourselves on offering external provision in every subject area, in every year group. Here are just a few examples of extension events and activities we have provided for our students in the last academic year:
- Ministry of Defence Crisis Workshops
- Oxford and Cambridge University Visits
- Award Winning Author Interactive Presentation
- Royal Aeronautical Society Aerospace Event
- French Exchange Over-night Event
- Ministry of Defence Employability Skills Workshop
- MBDA Presentation
- Parliament Visits
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) Cyber Security Challenge
- Festival of Literature Event
- Ministry of Defence Inter-Schools Challenge
- Heritage Exhibition Events
- English Curriculum Literature – Curious Incident Theatre Visit
- Civil Service Workshop
- Junior Lawyers in Schools Programme
- History – WWI and WWII Guest Speakers and Imperial War Museum Visit
- Department of Energy and Climate My 2050 Workshop
- Great Debate Workshop – Natural History Museum