We appreciate that Sixth Form students are role models within the school and therefore should be dressed appropriately for a workplace. Every Sixth Former and member of the school staff wears a lanyard to identify themselves.
Dress code – smart casual with the following restrictions: –
- No rips or holes in clothes.
- No visible underwear.
- No sportswear (includes tracksuit bottoms, hoodies, shorts, trainers). If a Sport lesson is timetabled for a given day, bring a change of clothes for the lesson only.
- Only ear piercing is permitted in school. No other facial or visible body piercings are allowed.
- Hoods not to be worn on school premises.
- Shorts, dresses and skirts to reach the knee.
- No bare shoulders or midriffs/low cut tops.
- No steel capped shoes or flip-flops/sliders.
- No offensive slogans.
- No hats and caps inside.
- Any hard surfaces on clothes that could cause injury.
- Smart Shoes
- Casual Shoes
- Casual trainers
Sports trainers: Any trainers only used for sport and look mismatched when worn with smart casual clothes. The only exception to this will be when doing sporting activities in school e.g. Football Academy training.
All members of staff have the right to challenge appropriate dress and Sixth Former must abide and respect these views and adhere to them.
Note: Football Academy students must wear Academy uniform at all times.
Failure to comply with Dress Code
- We have the highest expectations for your dress code. If you fall short of our expectations you will be asked to go home and change, with a telephone call home to your parent/carer.
- You must sign in and out as you leave and return and will be required to speak with the Head/Deputy Head of Sixth Form.
ALL Students are required to wear their ID Badges (clearly on show) at all times whilst on site.